Do it right even if you are doing it fast! Resorting to a self tanner cream can win you a lot of time and get you party ready in a few minutes, still, remember there is a way of applying self-tanner, and there is the right way to apply self-tanner.
Keep in mind there are a few things that will make a noticeable difference in how you look if you apply the cream properly.
- Apply in a circular motion. All kinds of creams, lotions, gel or mousse should be applied in a circular motion. This way you avoid the risk of developing faux tan streaks that will leave marks on your skin. Circular moves distribute the product evenly on your skin.
- Don’t forget your tanning mitt. Do not even get close to a tanning product without a mitt! These will protect your hands and hide all the secrets of a self-tanner product.
- Find the best formula. Try and test as many products in store, on your hand. This way you will avoid coming home with the wrong color tone. Try out different kinds of self-tanning products and don’t be afraid to ask for a professional’s opinion.
- Be thorough. This is not the time to get sloppy, because you will regret it soon enough. Getting every last inch of skin is not easy, but it will be worth it when you get a smashing glow! Take your time and see that every inch of your skin gets the same treatment!
- Use enough product. Avoid using too much product on small areas as it will create dark splotches. Try and use the last drop of product from your mitt.
- Exfoliate! There is not enough of stressing out the importance of a proper exfoliation before applying self-tanner! It is the best preparation you can be providing to your skin! Get rid of dead skin and dry patches so that your skin can absorb the bronzer to its best!