Night is the time for your entire body and mind to restore and heal. It is as important as food and air. Humans don’t function without sleep, but why is it so hard to relax sometimes? Is it because of the stressful events of the day or are you a chronic insomniac?
Before turning to chemical sleep aids that have a ton of side effects and create dependencies, try some natural relaxation effects. Give yourself a foot reflexology for your best sleep ever! This will help you slip into the sweet slumber you desire.
By stimulating certain points on your body, in this case your feet, you will impact your whole body affecting the organs and glands. There are over 15,000 nerves in your feet alone and this is why foot reflexology is so calming, soothing and effective.
Read on and remember the tricks that will help you obtain the best sleep ever, all naturally.
- Relax the feet, one at a time by pressing and squeezing, lightly slapping them. Finish by pressing and holding your thumb on the solar plexus point of each foot for 5-10 seconds each.
- Gently massage the bottom of each foot, tracking a line with your thumb from the base of the heal to each toe and then press these reflex points with the outer edge of your thumb or the tip of your forefinger:
- Top of each toe- to relax your brain
- Center of big toe- to stimulate and balance hormone secretions in other glands
- Outer side of big toe- that will help secret melatonin which in turn controls your circadian rhythm and sleep cycle.
- Base of big toe- that will balance metabolism
- Ball of foot-that will calm breathing.
- Apply the relaxation technique and finish off with your thumb pressing on the solar plexus point of your foot.
- End with breeze strokes-lightly running your fingertips down the tops, bottoms and sides of each foot.
You will be asleep in no time!