Supermarkets are everywhere these days, on every corner street, they invite customers in with promises of fresh and tasty products. But not all things are as good and innocent as they seem to be, and there are a few products that should be avoided at all costs in supermarkets.
The next time you go food shopping try and remember our advice:
- Stay away from ready-to-eat salad as it is one of the most dangerous food sold in a supermarket. Even if the package says it’s “ready to eat” it can still be home to harmful bacteria that can induce intestinal diseases. To stay on the safe side, always buy any greens you buy!
- Sausage, bacon and other processed meat products provoke cancer and should be eliminated from your meals completely. They contain nitrites that later transform into nitrosamines, potent carcinogens, in the bowels. It is a lot safer to buy a hunk of meat and cook it yourself!
- Bottled green tea is yet another product that is danger hiding in plain side. Bottled green tea has nothing to do with natural green tea, except for the color and name, but nothing more. Green tea is famous for its antioxidant properties while bottled green tea is mostly water, sugar and food coloring. Just brew some real tea and take it with you instead of buying fake drinks.
- Don’t give in to the temptation of buying berry buns or sweet yogurts that claim to be full of fruits. These products have fruit fillings that are easy to produce and sell, and are loaded with preservatives and flavorings that prevent them from spoiling. Just buy the real fruits and throw a handful of berries into your meal yourself.
- Mayonnaise is acceptable only if it’s homemade. The mayonnaise that’s sold in stores is food of preservatives, food colorings and stabilizers. Starch and sugar are also added to it. Remember this the next time you think about buying some from the supermarket.
- Be aware of fake spices sold in supermarkets! Ground spices are easy to mix with cheaper additives. Buy the whole spices and grind them at home to get natural, original spices.
- Bread is perhaps the most dangerous product to be bought in a supermarket. It is baked with chemically bleached flour that is a real danger to your body. Just buy your bread in small bakeries where you can ask all about the manufacturing process.