Oral hygiene is extremely plays an important role in maintaining oral health and prevention of periodontal diseases and to combat bad breath. Results may not be as expected, if is performed incorrectly! It’s not enough to brush our teeth 2 times per day if you are doing it wrong.
- You don’t brush your teeth long enough – some people “rush” when they brush their teeth. Wrong! Experts recommend brushing fir about four minutes in order to be performed correctly and efficiently.
2. You don’t look how you brush your teeth – brushing means to pay attention to see the exact places where the brush reaches or not. Make sure you do not miss the base of the tooth area and also looks at the back molars to make sure they are cleaned properly.
3. You brush your teeth too hard – if brushing is very aggressive the tooth enamel and gums can become inflamed. Keep in mind that in order to protect the enamel, you should keep the toothbrush at 45 degrees to the surface of the teeth. Use circular brush, and from side to side, from top to bottom and from front to back.
4. You use an inappropriate toothpaste – toothpaste with sodium bicarbonate are useful for removing stains from the teeth, but they are quite hard for enamel. So do not use them every day, but only two or three times a week.
5. You don’t floss your teeth – toothbrush can not reach areas between teeth, so it is very important to use dental floss. Bacteria can accumulate between teeth, producing chemicals that damage the enamel and soft layer of enamel dentine.
So, are you making one or more of these mistake? From now on you will be more careful when you brush your teeth!