Most people think only diabetics have high blood sugar levels. But this is not so, anyone can become a victim of sugar. Too much sugar is harmful for the body, it affects the nerves, blood vessels and organs. It is very important that you know the symptoms of too much sugar in order to take care of your health.
- Constant hunger. If you feel constant hunger it is because the high blood sugar prevents glucose from entering cells. As a result, the body does not get the energy and asks for food again.
- Do you wake up tired and there is no explanation for this? It is because the body is unable to store and absorb glucose properly and as a result energy is used inefficiently.
- Frequent urination. The inability to hold urine is caused by the high sugar that affects the kidneys.
- Dry mouth and excessive thirst. A dry mouth and strong thirst are responses to severe fluid loss. Try to go for water instead of tea or other drinks high in sugar.
- Weight loss. Sudden weight loss can be caused by high glucose levels because insulin levels affect the glucose metabolism and that means the body will switch to fat burning that will mean severe weight loss.
- Infectious diseases. Urinary tract infections and yeast infections can occur in both men and women, but most times it is women with high sugar levels that are affected by this. Large amounts of sugar creates a favorable environment for the reproduction of yeast infections and bacteria.
- Dry skin. Dry skin is connected to high sugar levels for various reasons. Frequent urination causes dehydration and thus leads to getting skin dry to an extend that is no longer normal.
- Problems with focus. Concentrating difficulties are also caused by high sugar levels preventing glucose from entering brain cells, so the brain experiences difficulties obtaining energy.