Because it is packed in a plastic or cardboard bottle, most of us are tempted to deposit milk on the refrigerator door. But experts warns us that this habit is quite wrong. What is the explanation? Here’s Why You Should NEVER Keep Milk In The Fridge Door
The door is the warmest part of the fridge and the milk by virtue of ingredients it contains, must stand in the coldest section of the refrigerator, on the bottom shelf. The same rule applies to raw meat or fish.
According to experts, the door is perfect to keep canned foods and dishes that have a longer life.
Here is the order in which you must properly store the food in the refrigerator:
1. Top shelf, where temperature has the most variation, store cheese, butter and chocolate.
2. On the middle shelf sits cooked food containers.
3. On the bottom shelf where the temperature is lowest, store eggs, milk, raw meat or raw fish
4. Drawers, where there is a certain level of humidity, we must keep raw vegetables and fruits. Some fruits and vegetables emit ethylene, which can accelerate the degradation of foods, so they must be kept separate.
5. On the refrigerator door, where the temperature fluctuates the most, keep foods that have natural preservatives – fruit juices, sauces, pickles etc.
6. Finally, the temperature in the refrigerator should be kept at 4 degrees Celsius and about -17 degrees in the freezer.
In this way, you will have a better quality of food.