Also called the “XXI century disease”, nowadays depression is one of the most serious health problem of modern society. Proportions of people affected by depression or light depression are 18-20%. In other word, world, one out five persons suffer of depression.
Depression and stress should not be ignored. In order to treat depression and stress, I do not agree with medication for many reasons ( like addiction). Healing plants are a great remedy in order to treat this problem. Using healing plants for this problem, will help us to regain our psycho-emotional balance.
It is known that when cold season comes we are more likely to be sad and depressed. If this condition lasts more than 2 weeks, you should take more precautions. But I”m sure that with an optimistic thinking and some healing plants, we can go through depression.
Healing plants against depression and stress:
- Lemon balm (Mellisa officinalis) has invigorating effects on the psyche, favoring optimistic thinking. This plant is used when you have restlessness and sleep difficulties. Using this plant, there are not side effects. You will still be focused and pay attention. This plant has been used since ancient times to treat psycho-emotional diseases, and today is appreciated for its benefits.
- Tutsan it is also known as “soul’s plant”. This plant leads to a calm and quiet condition and it’s considered a natural antidote against sadness and melancholy.
- Valerian has a relaxing effect, reduces the sleep time and eliminates the morning drowsiness. This is the most used healing plant, being popular for its effects against anxiety, stress and insomnia.
- Fenugreek is a neuromuscular stimulus that confers vital energy of the body.
- Passion flower contributes in reducing the restlessness and nervousness feeling. Alsi, supports the eliminating of dependencies and fights against panic attacks.