Why you should never reuse a plastic bottle

During the summer, your body needs to be very well hydrated to deal with extreme temperatures. If you’ve already finished a bottle of water and you’re thinking about re-using it, you better use a new one to avoid putting yourself at major risk.

Bacteria from plastic bottles
Many people keep a plastic bottle at home or in the office, filled with water, to get moisturized throughout the day. And because the recipients never look dirty, they are no longer washed during their use. This habit may be a cause of illness because of the microorganisms that survive and multiply easily in their proper environment. According to the specialists, substances used in the manufacture of plastic, such as bisphenol A, can get into the water you consume and can promote the appearance of bacteria. Thus, your ovulation can be distorted and the risk of hormonal problems increase.

The effects of the bisphenol A
BPA is present in most plastic packaging as well as in CD and electronic and medical devices. Even baby bottles or milk cans can contain BPA. Contamination with this substance can be done by using the microwave, by contact with a very hot liquid or acidic food.

Proven studies
In an attempt to demonstrate how the reused plastic bottles affect the human body, US researchers have tested, for weeks, the recipients used by athletes. They found bacteria in the water with over 900,000 colony-forming units, more than they found in a toilet bowl. Moreover, over 60% of germs were responsible for diseases such as indigestion, constipation or haematemesis.

Recipients that can be safely used
If you want to hydrate yourself without endangering your health, avoid used bottles and use new bottles every time. If it’s too expensive, choose water in a glass bottle or stainless steel recipient. If you want to use a plastic bottle (due to its lower weight), choose one of the polypropylene (white plastic).

Danger from plastic bottle